The role of the Assistant Project Manager is to assist the Senior Project Manager, Superintendent and Senior Vice President, Construction and assist in training the Project Engineer. Responsible for compilation of bidding documents, LEED program, Quality Assurance and Safety programs. May also be requested to assist with other job related tasks
- Initial setup of submittal log, i.e., proper distribution path, number of copies/submittals required (to be done with assistance of PM) and required completion dates.
- Communicate and coordinate submittal process with contractors through construction management software.
- Assist with the setup the following exhibits for all divisions. Modify and updated with the assistance of the project manager to accurately reflect the current project.
- Comparison Sheets for Vendor Bids
- Exhibit A – Scope of Work
- Exhibit D – Contract Documents
- Exhibit E – Schedule of Values
- Coordination and review of the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents.
- Assist in compilation of bid contracts.
- Write Scope of Work for assigned trades.
Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Assist in punch list compilation, management and completion.
- Responsible for document control and Procore responsibilities in the absence of Project Engineer
- Special projects as required.
- Review and analyze potential changes to budget or schedule.
Quality Assurance Program
- Assist and Implement Quality Assurance Program
- Assist in preparation of monthly project reports for distribution with the draw, as directed.
- Manage the project close out process to a successful completion with the direction of the Project Manager.
- Direct and/or document project meetings in Procore
- Assistance with planning and analysis of conceptual design issues and preconstruction activities
- Assist Project Manager in writing change orders.