The role of the Assistant Project Manager is to assist the Senior Project Manager, Superintendent and Vice President, Construction and assist in training the Project Engineer. Responsible for compilation of bidding documents, LEED program, Quality Assurance and Safety programs. May also be requested to assist with other job related tasks
- Serve as liaison between client and design and construction professionals
- Monitoring of construction budget and schedule including updating and maintaining web based project controls
- Assemble and review materials for project draw package
- Initial setup of submittal log, i.e. proper distribution path (Focus Template), number of copies/submittal required (to be done with assistance of PM) & required completion dates
- Communicate and coordinate submittal process with contractors, i.e. Submittal Process Memo (Focus Template)
- Perform complete in-house review with Focus mark-ups prior to initiation of consultant review process, or simultaneously if required by schedule
- Coordination and review of the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents
- Assist in compilation of bid contracts, i.e. creation of transmittals (Focus Templates) as well as physical compilation
- Review, understand and enforce contractual requirements for design and construction professionals; assist project management staff in generating contracts and addenda
- Set up PlanGrid – coordinate transmittals to accompany bid packages and distribution addresses; coordinate with Project Coordinator
- Contact and qualify bidders. Revise initial list and update final bidders list in budget prior to the start of bidding.
- Write Scope of Work for assigned trades.
- Train Project Engineer to set up project Sketch Book, i.e. documents list (Focus Template), notebook, dividers
- Receive and log-in Sketches from outside sources
- Log-in and distribute Focus created sketches
Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Train Project Engineer to set up project RFI Log, i.e. documents list (Focus Template), notebook
- Receive informal Requests for Information
- Assist in punch list compilation, management and completion
- Special projects as required
- Document control; if no Project Engineer then CMIC responsibilities fall under APM
- Coordinate and understand LEED program with LEED consultant.
- Manage submittal requirements and documents.
- Update and communicate score card on a monthly basis.
- Review and analyze potential changes to budget or schedule
Quality Assurance Program
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager in development of job specific Quality Assurance program from project specifications.
- Confirm testing consultants are copied on QA program.
- Assist in retaining consultants.
- Organize and distribute inspection forms/reports
- Meet with contractors, architects, engineers and consultants to review the project status and resolve issues; participate in OAC meetings
- Prepare documentation for analysis and review of specific issues (i.e. meetings minutes)
- Assist in preparation of monthly project reports for distribution with the draw, as directed
- Manage the project close out process to a successful completion with the direction of the Project Manager
- Direct and/or document project meetings
- Assistance with planning and analysis of conceptual design issues and preconstruction activities
- Understand the building permits process and construction related issues (field reports, job walks, etc.)
- Assist Project Manager in development and management of PCI Log
- Assist Project Manager in writing change orders when requested