Manages construction projects, with oversight from Project Manager II/Senior Project Manager from concept through final acceptance/warranty period. Responsible for project estimates, contract administration, scheduling and costing, and project quality control. Project Manager I could take full management responsibility for smaller sized projects (under $5 MM) and partial project responsibilities for larger-sized projects (over $5 MM).
- Attend the proposal kick-off meeting.
- Prepare portions of proposals as directed by Manager including estimate, schedule and scope documents for review/approval by the PM II/Senior Project Manager.
- Development, confirmation, and tracking of portions of the construction budget, as directed by Manager.
- Prepare cost comparisons and alternates for clients.
- Assist with preparation of preliminary construction schedule in coordination with Project Team.
- Coordinate proposal scope documents and conceptual design for compliance with budget, schedule and program. Confirm that general conditions budget is reflective of project schedule, and logistics plan.
- Maintain a positive relationship with identified clients.
- Secure the trust of the client.
- Follow preconstruction schedule provided by Development Manager or client and manage changes via owner meetings.
- Coordinate pre-construction fees with Manager. Assigned fees must cover the total costs consumed by the project, profit, and an appropriate amount for the corresponding risk.
- Review construction documents for compliance with proposed design requirements.
- Review design documents for program compliance, value engineering, and accuracy and constructability @ 30%, 70% and 90%.
- Support Development Manger’s or clients’ efforts in coordinating all preconstruction activities as directed; i.e. soils report, environmental investigations, surveys, municipal approvals, permits, utilities, etc.
- After development of DD’s by Development Manager, Project Manager should coordinate plans required for clients, subcontractors, field, designers, quality control program, approval agencies, etc.
- Assist with development of the construction schedule with input from the superintendent and prepare for inclusion with the bid documents.
- Complete contract solicitations and negotiations with subcontractors i.e. develop bidder’s list, prepare invitation to bid, prepare scope of work documents and ensure adequate bid coverage
- Address bidders questions on a timely basis, manage RFI protocol, and issue written clarifications to all subcontractors bidding that trade
- Assemble bid binder complete with a bid tabulation that compares the bids to each other and the budget.
- Attend project kick-off meeting.
- Read executed owner contracts and understand company commitments
- Prepare & circulate subcontracts, change orders & owner Change Requests on a timely basis.
- Coordinate lead time requirements w/ Project Team and ensure compliance w/ the project schedule.
- Support Development Manger’s or clients’ efforts in coordinating permit requirements and confirming that all government requirements are met.
- Direct Project Coordinator to prepare subcontractor list, jobsite files and information.
- Perform on site inspections for company schedule, billing & client coordination.
- Maintain construction schedule with Superintendent.
- Maintain quality assurance program with Superintendent.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer to generate the submittal log coordinated with specifications and schedule. Manage Project Engineer to review and track submittals.
- Expedite subcontractors to complete on schedule.
- Initiate regular subcontract meetings with all necessary individuals to address job status, schedule and budget, record and distribute minutes.
- Regularly communicate all project requirements to all team members.
- Coordinate shop drawing review and approvals with designers.
- Manage change orders and related costs with subcontractors.
- Review monthly draw request and application approvals as assigned by Manager.
- Approve invoices charged against the job and verify amounts as assigned.
- Approve superintendent expenses as relate to the project.
- Prepare monthly owner project reports as assigned and submit to the Director of Construction for review prior to submittal w/ monthly draw.
- Manage project costs via the Project Management report and submit monthly updates to Director of Construction and accounting for review.
- Train Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager to accurately and efficiently perform their duties.
- Work with Project Engineer and Superintendents preparation of punch list and coordinate warranty work.
- Confirm that close-out documentation is complete.
- Coordinate assembling operating manuals upon completion include O&M manuals, warranties and As-Built documents.
- Attend project close-out meeting, propose changes to delivery standards where needed and file report.
- Coordinate with Marketing to provide project information summary.
- 4-7 years of experience in residential/commercial construction with an understanding of construction systems, phasing, logistics, scheduling and estimating. Must have experience managing smaller projects with full responsibility/accountability for budget, contracts and turn over.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational and managerial skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent in field experience.