Vice President, Investments
The Vice President, Investments (VPI) contributes to the strategic direction of Focus by creating and maintaining a robust pipeline of ground-up real estate development opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying, and procuring on-market and off-market real estate opportunities in Chicago, IL, its suburbs, and Southeastern U.S.
- Required to build and maintain relationships with land-owners, brokers, potential development partners, investment partners, and 3rd-party clients.
- Identify emerging markets, decipher opportunities and constraints within specific neighborhoods and sites.
- Create and maintain a robust pipeline of ground-up real estate development opportunities.
- Evaluate real estate opportunities including due diligence review, feasibility of obtaining project zoning, and lead with the Senior Analyst the initial financial modeling.
- Track relevant real estate market and competitive developments.
- In collaboration with the Development Team, prepare and assist in real estate zoning entitlements for predominantly ground up multi-family and mixed-use developments.
- Create and maintain close ties to the brokerage community.
- The VPI will actively represent Focus within the real estate industry, promote past, current, and future Focus projects, and connect Focus’ executive leadership to industry events.
- The employee will be based at the Focus corporate office in Chicago, IL and will be required to travel to the Southeastern US and other markets as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Real Estate Acquisitions
- Proven ability to identify and execute on a vision within real estate development.
- Experience in multi-family underwriting
- Ability to obtain buy-in for contentious and/or complex transactions.
- Robust network in the real estate industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint is required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Real Estate
Review the full job description and apply for this position here.