As Director of Preconstruction
As the Director of Preconstruction, David ensures a strategic advantage for the firm in its ability to accurately estimate the cost of projects at all stages from early development conception through buyout. This benefit is advantageous not only for Focus in its own development pursuits but for all of our third-party clients who have access to better real time information.
- Identifies, bids, and awards early design-build contractors or other contracts necessary to complete permit process, as required.
- Participates in design development meetings with Architect, Consultants, and Owner and advises on cost & schedule.
- Coordinates with design team & ownership to identify design, bid package, & estimating schedule to achieve desired construction start.
- Analyzes risk & reviews prior to formal quotation and reviews all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies value engineering to provide construction cost savings and researches alternate systems & products to provide cost savings solutions on current and future projects.
- Gather details and maintain current market data, including unit costs & material cost trends, to accurately estimate construction costs.
- Manages preconstruction staff
- Construction estimation for projects from conceptual design through established GMP
- Value engineering
- Construction system evaluation and budget impact estimation.
Riley Construction, Project Manager/Estimator
Education + Certifications
• BS in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana – Champaign