Manage on site operations and personnel with direct responsibility for project schedule, sequence of construction, logistics, means & methods, safety, security, municipal inspections and quality assurance with a particular emphasis on complicated projects or mechanical/electrical rough-in and building enclosures. Projects may also include significant sitework improvements and warranty.
- Supervise/mentor direct reports
- Coordinate work on assigned projects to be completed on or ahead of contract schedule
- Maintain jobsite logistics, security & safety for assigned work
- Manage quality assurance program and third party consultants to comply with project specifications for assigned work.
- If project site lead; maintain relationship with clients on site as company representative
- Confirm that applicable permits and approvals are in place prior to beginning work on small projects, and maintained as necessary through completion of the work
- Maintain a constructive relationship with inspectors
- Coordinate inspections scheduled, conducted and completed in accord with the project schedule.
- Ensure construction methods and work in place comply with municipal ordinances
- Obtain occupancy/final inspections and permits for submittal to the office
- Enforce company safety policy on the jobsite
- Ensure site specific safety manual is on site or accessible
- Ensure appropriate signage is in place
- Conduct and return signed weekly safety meetings to the office and save on P-drive.
- Maintain proper housekeeping on site to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Accommodate jobsite safety inspections on a periodic basis
- Write response to jobsite safety inspections
- Review construction documents for buildability and construction sequence
- Assist PM in development of the job specific quality assurance program.
- Review responsibility for the QC program w/ the PM
- Coordinate QC program w/ project specifications
- Review QC program w/ testing agency and establish proposed testing schedule
- Require testing personnel to sign in and out to verify billings
- Coordinate timely and accurate jobsite layout and controls
- Ensure that all required samples for testing in accordance with QA program are taken
- Confirm that all work placed complies w/ specifications and quality standards
- Perform pre-punch lists prior to scheduled walk through w/ architect & owner
- Assist Senior Superintendent in development of the project schedule
- Responsible to schedule materials, deliveries, subcontractors, hoisting, inspections & company personnel to meet the project schedule
- Monitor progress against the approved schedule and take action to ensure that the project proceeds on the established schedule.
- Schedule work and activities of crews and subcontractors to effectively sequence activities
- Coordinate deviations from the established construction sequence with the Senior Superintendent
- Update construction schedule weekly by preparing the three week look-ahead schedule on the subcontractor schedule using the date filter.
- Review submittal log to ensure that material will be available to the jobsite to compliment the project schedule and coordinate submittal and review deadlines to compliment the anticipated delivery dates.
- Attend the project kick-off meeting
- Coordinate jobsite logistic plan with Senior Superintendent
- Set-up jobsite trailer for project administration
- Monitor proper size crews at the jobsite
- Order construction materials as necessary according to the specifications
- Oversee the maintenance and protection of company equipment while on site
- Maintain jobsite security to minimize vandalism, theft, property damage or loss in accordance with the jobsite security plan
- Order and maintain tools according to the project requirements as coordinated w/ the PM
- Ensure proper and accurate job layout on a timely basis when applicable
- Maintain good neighbor relationships
- Maintain productive working relationship w/ PM & subcontractors
- Supervise subordinates according to labor contract requirements when applicable
- Maintain effective and regular communication w/ PM
- Review and implement subcontract scope of work
- Assist in collecting compliant insurance certificates from subcontractors for job access as required
- Coordinate subcontract attendance and attend weekly jobsite meetings; run appropriate portions of jobsite meetings.
- Review and date field copies of shop drawings and submittals, assist PE with reviews as necessary
- Confirm that all construction documents used on the jobsite are current
- Ensure that time cards are completed
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date daily reports and file
- Generate back-up for owner change orders and subcontract back-charges as necessary
- Participate in generating RFI’s when necessary.
- Catalog field directives and coordinate implementation w/ PM
- Coordinate subcontract CO’s w/ PM prior to implementing the work. Establish the value of the CO’s that the Superintendent can approve when the PM is unavailable on a project by project basis
- Communicate the percentage of work complete to date to the PM for construction draw and pay-out to the subcontractors
- Compile and complete all punch list items
- Disconnect and obtain all final billings for all construction services
- Return all marked documents to the office for preparation of as-built drawings
- Assist in acquiring warranty, lien waivers, O&M manuals, etc. from subcontractors
- Assist PM in close out of subcontract scope and cost
- Attend project close out meeting
- Assist in identifying project alternatives and value engineering
- Assist in quantity take-off, scoping and bid solicitation on assigned projects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception. The employee is occasionally required to use hands or fingers to type.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Minimal travel required. Employee must have a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage.
- 8-15 years’ experience supervising trades
- Displays competency and aptitude for complex projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Proficient in Procore or related construction management software
- Solid written and communication skills
- Be positive, energetic and good communicator
- Complete OSHA 10 hour class
- 4-year degree in Construction Management, Design, or equivalent experience