Shopping Center to Add Over 500 Additional Units as Transformative Redevelopment Continues
AURORA, Ill. – September 21, 2022 – Fox Valley Mall, a three-story shopping center serving generations of Aurora/Naperville-area visitors (www.shopfoxvalleymall.com), has received approval for a 300+-unit luxury apartment community as well as a 200+-unit senior living center as the transformative redevelopment of the shopping center continues. Fox Valley expects to break ground on both the luxury apartment community and the senior living center in early 2023, with each expected to open in late 2024. Earlier this year, the center also announced the addition of a new green space expected to open this month.
“Centennial is well known for its creativity and its vision for the future of retail real estate,” says Whitney Livingston, President and COO for Centennial, the shopping center’s owner. “The changes we are implementing at Fox Valley will create tremendous value for the center, the residents in the surrounding Aurora and Naperville communities, and for those people who choose to call Fox Valley their home. Together with our investors and team of talented employees and partners, we are transforming Fox Valley into a live-work-play destination that will be unrivaled in its market.”
“Fox Valley is undergoing an incredible redevelopment, changing how people interact with the shopping center in dramatic and imaginative ways. We began this journey with amazing works of art, a series of immersive placemaking strategies such as the center’s iconic Center Park, and enhanced loyalty programs like MyPerks,” says Scott Samson, Senior General Manager for the shopping center. “Today, as we unveil plans for our new luxury apartments and senior living center, we take the next step in transforming Fox Valley into a dynamic, very personal experience that embodies the very wants and needs our community has asked us to deliver, and we’re just getting started with so much more to come.”
he new apartments will be the second luxury apartment community addition to Fox Valley and will offer an elevated experience for tenants. The four-story, 323-unit building will include a mix of studio, one and two-bedroom units and will offer multiple amenity spaces, outdoor gathering areas, and access to neighborhood amenities. Partners Focus and Atlantic Residential will lead the multifamily redevelopment efforts. This is the second phase of luxury apartments added to Fox Valley as part of the redevelopment of the mall. Learn more about the first phase, Lumen at Fox Valley.
- Four-story building with 323 luxury apartments.
- Dwellings include a mix of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units ranging in size from 550 square feet to 1,500 square feet.
- Each unit will have a balcony or patio.
- The development will have an entertainment area and fitness room.
- A private courtyard in the center of the building will include a swimming pool with pavilions and grills.
- The development will wrap around a multi-story parking garage with direct access to the building.
- A linear park with a gaming area, seating and dog park will be located on the west side of the development; a triangular park will be located on the east side of the complex.
- The development itself will be located on the north side of the shopping center adjacent to the newly constructed retail plaza.
- Construction on the new luxury apartments will begin in early 2023 with completion scheduled for late 2024.
In addition to the luxury apartments, the second phase of the Fox Valley redevelopment will also include a senior living center. This new five-story building will offer independent living, assisted living and memory care services across 211 units. Together with Integrated Development, Centennial is eager to further meet the needs of the community by creating an exceptional intergenerational live, work and play community for mall-goers and residents.
Senior Living Center
- Five-story building with 211 units of independent living, assisted living and memory care.
- Together with the luxury apartment community, this senior living project will seamlessly complement the lively retail and dining scene under development at the shopping center.
- The facility will include a cocktail lounge, multiple gourmet dining venues, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and extraordinary outdoor amenities, including al fresco dining and casual patio areas, a dog park, pickleball courts, and a splash pad.
- The community will offer concierge living services with a la carte pricing, including activities and social clubs, weekly housekeeping, dry cleaning, transportation, therapy services, and an on-site health and wellness program.
- The senior living center will be located on the northeast side of the shopping center.
- Tentatively named “Sophia,” construction on the new senior living center will begin in early 2023 with completion and opening scheduled for late 2024.
Fox Yard Community Green Space
- The shopping center will soon open a brand-new 1-acre open-air green space to be used as a community gathering place and activated with events and entertainment for Fox Valley Mall shoppers as well as the residents of the apartments and the Sophia senior living center to enjoy.
- This space will include a beautifully landscaped grassy area with a half-mile-long walking trail, a dog park where well-mannered furry friends can socialize, casual picnic-style seating, and a large stage for events.
- While a schedule of events has not yet been formalized, Fox Valley Mall envisions the Fox Yard green space as a place for community-focused outdoor activities such as food truck festivals, farmer’s markets, an outdoor beer garden, outdoor movie nights or comedy shows, school dance recitals or concerts, live art events, fitness instruction, children’s music and theater classes, and pop-up boutiques.
- The communities of Aurora and Naperville will be invited to use the space to gather for celebrations, children’s birthday parties, workout sessions and other family-and-friend-style get togethers.
- The new green space will be located on the east side of the mall, near the newly constructed “Lumen Fox Valley” luxury apartments.
- Construction on the new Fox Yard green space is concluding now with an expected opening date of September 26, 2022.
Check back here for new updates on the redevelopment of Fox Valley Mall, or reach out today to discuss project of your own.