Responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and timecards, calculating prorated paychecks, preparing and processing company payroll and maintaining accurate payroll records. This position will serve as a primary support to the Human Resources Manager whilst assisting the Accounting Department as requested.
- Be an expert in Paylocity (our payroll system) and continue to drive full usage of the tool.
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup including H.S.A and all agency accounts.
- Enter timecards into Payroll system for Senior Vice Presidents.
- Process payroll through the Paylocity website; maintain electronic payroll book, monitor all quarterly filing by Payroll service; produce and distribute all year end forms, review payroll timesheets report for Human Resources, provide accounting staff with reports as requested.
- Prepare and submit bonus checks with proper coding.
- Update employee withholdings, contributions, and deductions including payroll book update.
- Manage payroll including: Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll, provide payroll estimates to accounting to initiate transfer in a timely manner, record payroll against general ledger, process and monitor garnishment orders, other issues that impact payroll specifications, respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns, prepare and submit payroll information for worker’s compensation and company insurance audits/renewals.
- Manage billing spreadsheet and produce supervision billing invoices with approval from the Controller.
- Assist in maintaining employee salary information, pay structure and bonus structures.
- Track PTO and unexpected absences
- Track Cobra payments received and record for billing, track Cobra payment deadlines.
- Keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
- Assist with compliance documentation including EEO-1 reporting, ERISA reporting and other required documentation as needed.
- Process insurance bills
- Coordinate bank accounts including the creation of bank accounts for the Accounting Department, deposit receipts from other banks as needed and rrder, cancel, and revise credit card limits for all employees as requested.
- Provide backup to the Office Administrator in their absence including mail distribution.
- Complete miscellaneous administrative and accounting responsibilities as requested.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Provide general assistance on special projects as requested to support Human Resources Department.
- Maintain benefits and payroll section of the company intranet, Benefitsolver.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of company 401k and Employer Sponsored Health Plans.
- Assist in facilitating new hire benefit enrollment and qualifying events and benefits administration.
- Assist with records and retention; scanning any documentation as needed.
- Assist in managing the HRIS system and the benefits information contained therein.
- Reconcile benefits accounts against payroll.
- Enroll and terminate employee benefits as needed.
- Assist in managing Flexible spending plan changes; enroll employees, update deductions
- and deactivate members.
- Research HR laws, codes, regulations, rules and policies and general internal and
- external compliance as needed.
- Manage gym memberships for employees.
- Manage UPS and Chicago Messenger accounts as requested.
- Coordinate meetings for Human Resources and Accounting
- Previous experience with payroll process required.
- Experience using payroll systems required; experience using Paylocity preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- Excellent organization and mathematical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Previous experience providing accounting or human resources support preferred.
- Organized, professional, excellent communication skills.
- Trustworthy with proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude; team player.