The role of the Project Engineer (PE) is to assist the Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Superintendent and Senior Vice President, Construction. Responsible for drawing issuance, submittals, compilation of bidding documents, sketch book, RFI logs, LEED program, and Quality Assurance program. May also be requested to assist with other tasks such as build out of construction offices, safety program and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Track drawing issuances through construction management software
- Coordinate consultant and subcontractor drawing distribution
- Communicate and coordinate submittal process with subcontractors through construction management software.
- Maintain submittal log
- Perform complete in-house review with PM’s assistance
- Distribute submittals in accordance with established distribution path
- Projects that were similar in scope should be used as templates and modified with the assistance of the project manager to accurately reflect the current project.
- Exhibit A – Scope of Work (PM)
- Exhibit D – Contract Documents (PC can assist)
- Exhibit E – Schedule of Values (PM)
- Assist with contacting and qualifying bidders. Revise initial list and update final bidders list in budget prior to the start of bidding.
Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Receive informal Requests for Information.
- Track created RFI’s and perform weekly follow-up on outstanding RFI’s.
- Assist Project Manager in compilation of retail build out pricing.
- Assist in the build out processes of the construction office.
- Assist in punch list compilation, management and completion.
- Coordinate and understand LEED program with LEED consultant.
Quality Assurance Program
- Assist with the development of job specific Quality Assurance program from project specifications.
- Maintain and distribute project meeting minutes and attachments.
- Assist in preparation of monthly project reports for distribution with the draw, as directed.